At this Vacation Bible School kids will explore Thunder Island, a place where God speaks to us from the thunder to tell us how much He loves us! They’ll love learning more about Jesus through Bible stories from the Gospel of John. Five days of Christ-centered activities will help kids see that God is always with us.
“I give a new rule to you. Love one another. You must love each other as I have loved you. In this way, everyone will know you are my disciples. They know it if you really love each other.” John 13:34, 35 (EasyEnglish Bible)
- Day 1: Woman at the Well
- Day 2: Man at the Pool of Bethesda
- Day 3: Jesus’ Encounter with Zacchaeus
- Day 4: Peter Denies Jesus Three Times
- Day 5: Mary Goes to the Tomb
Kids will experience each day’s Bible lesson throughout all stations at Thunder Island VBS.
- Opening Program – Start the day by introducing kids to the VBS songs, memory verse, and call and response. Kids will also watch a skit that introduces the daily theme.
- Prayer Station – Kids will learn that they can always talk to God through different types of prayer.
- Bible Story Station – Experience interactive Bible stories that bring each day’s Bible story to life.
- Snack Station – Enjoy healthy and refreshing snacks that reinforce each day’s Bible story.
- Craft Station – Kids show their creative side while learning more about the daily theme.
- Game Station – Burn off extra energy while experiencing the Bible story in a new way.
- Closing Program – Wrap up the day with more songs and skits. Kids will review what they learned and have a chance to make a difference by giving to our mission project.